How to Prepare for Dental Implant Surgery
Like all other surgical operations, it’s also important to prepare for a dental implant surgery properly to ensure the best possible outcome.
Let’s start with the beginning. A dental implant is a surgical component that is placed into the jawbone to restore your smile after tooth loss. It is often made of titanium, which is biocompatible and fuses with the jawbone over time, providing a strong and stable foundation for a dental restoration such as a crown or bridge.
Before getting the application, you should consult with your dentist to determine if you’re a good candidate for dental implants. They will evaluate your oral health, review your medical history, and discuss any concerns you may have. They’ll also explain the implant process and answer any questions you may have.
In this blog post, we’ll cover everything you need to know to prepare for dental implant surgeries. Besides all informative articles, CLINIQUEPLUS offers the best dental treatment in Turkey with its expert staff and accumulated experience. After a detailed consultation, we can make your treatment plan immediately.
Important Facts That You Need to Know About Dental Implant Surgery
To prepare for dental implant procedure, there are several things you should do. Here are some important tips that every patient needs to know before undergoing an oral surgery:
- Choose an Experienced and Qualified Dentist: Dental implant surgery is a complex procedure that requires a high level of skill and expertise. It’s vital to choose a dentist who has experience with this field and is qualified to perform the procedure.
- Understand the Risks and Benefits: Like any surgical procedure, dental implant application has some risks and benefits. You have to discuss these with your dentist and understand what to expect before, during, and after the procedure.
- Follow Pre-Operative Instructions: Your dentist will provide you with instructions to prepare for dental implants. This may include fasting before the procedure, stopping certain medications, and arranging for transportation home after the operation. It’s important to follow these instructions carefully to ensure a successful outcome.
- Practice Good Oral Hygiene: After the surgery, you should practice good oral hygiene to prevent infection and promote healing. This includes brushing and flossing regularly, using an antimicrobial mouthwash, and avoiding smoking or using tobacco products.
- Eating and Drinking Carefully: During the recovery period, it’s significant to avoid hard or crunchy foods that may put pressure on the implant and delay healing. Stick to soft foods and liquids until your dentist clears you for a normal diet.
- Attend all Follow-up Appointments: Follow-up appointments with your dentist are essential to monitor the healing process and ensure the success of the implant. Be sure to attend all scheduled appointments and follow your dentist’s instructions for post-operative care. In addition to this stage, maybe you want to have a family member with you to accompany you after the surgery.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a successful outcome for your dental implant surgery and enjoy the benefits of a restored smile. Let’s continue our article by examining what the procedure you prepared is like.
How is Dental Implant Surgery?
First, as we mentioned above, you will need to have a consultation with your dentist to evaluate your oral health and determine if dental implants are right for you. During this examination, your dentist will review your medical history and take X-rays and impressions of your teeth and gums to create a customized treatment plan. At this stage, you will be supported and relaxed about your concerns and fears, if any.
Before the surgery, your dentist will prepare you for the procedure by explaining the process and providing instructions for what to eat and drink. On the day of the application, anesthesia will be used to numb the area around the implant site. You may receive local anesthesia, which numbs only the area around the implant, or a general one, which puts you to sleep during the operation. Another option is IV sedation.
Once you are numb, your dentist will make a small incision in your gums to access the jawbone. They will then drill a small hole in the bone and insert the implant into the hole. The gum tissue is then sutured back in place over the implant.
After the implant is placed, the healing process begins. It usually takes several months for the implant to fuse with the jawbone in a process called osseointegration. During this time, you may be given a temporary restoration to wear while the implant heals.
Once it has fused with the jawbone, your dentist will place the final restoration, such as a crown or bridge, on top of the implant. This will restore the look and function of your missing teeth.
As we emphasized in the article, choosing the right clinic plays a crucial role in the process as well as having knowledge about the preparation period for dental implant surgery.
CLINIQUEPLUS, which has been extremely successful in popular operations such as root canal treatment, composite bonding, tooth whitening, Digital Smile Design, and Hollywood Smile, provides you with the best and most comfortable treatment in dental implant surgery. In addition, it stands out as the best option in terms of dental implant costs in Turkey.
You will experience the advantages of our boutique clinic ambiance, where you will feel safe from the moment you step in, throughout your recovery process. You can also see that hundreds of our patients have returned to their countries happily in their feedback and dental implant before and after photos. Please contact us to get more information.