How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last?
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure that can help brighten your smile and boost your confidence.
You probably want to have pearly white, healthy teeth, too. One of the world’s most popular procedures used for this purpose is teeth whitening, especially in recent years. During the application, colored, natural or inorganic substances that have accumulated in the enamel layer on the surface of your teeth are removed with special gels.
So if you are considering tooth whitening, you may be wondering how long the results will last. In this blog, we’ll go over the factors that can affect the longevity of the procedure and give you some tips on how to keep your results longer. Once you have finished reading this article, you can take advantage of a free consultation with CLINIQUEPLUS for more information.
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
To understand how long tooth whitening lasts, it is important to know what causes tooth discoloration. Some common causes include:
- Poor dental hygiene
- Consumption of staining foods and beverages
- Tobacco use
- Certain medications
The coloration degree of your teeth is examined from two different angles. Internal tooth discoloration is the name of staining that has reached the inside of your teeth and does not disappear with brushing.
The stains in the internal discoloration group may have occurred when your teeth had just erupted, or it may have developed over time due to certain medications.
External tooth discoloration describes the stains that stick to your teeth when you consume products like tea, coffee, cigarettes, and wine. Problems in the two groups may also need to be treated differently. Teeth whitening is a very effective way to solve this problem.
Types of Tooth Whitening
There are two main types of tooth whitening: in-office whitening and at-home whitening. The former is typically performed by a dentist and involves the use of a strong whitening solution that is applied directly to the teeth.
At-home whitening, on the other hand, involves using a kit that you get from your dentist and apply at home. Both methods can produce excellent results, but the longevity of the whitening may vary. This depends on a number of factors, including the type of procedure you receive, the severity of your discoloration, and your oral hygiene habits.
In general, in-office whitening tends to produce longer-lasting results than at-home whitening. However, even with the in-office method, results may fade over time, especially if you consume staining foods and beverages or use tobacco products.
Tips to Make The Results of Teeth Whitening Last Longer
The results of teeth whitening treatments may not be permanent and can fade over time. Here are some tips to help you maintain the results of this treatment longer:
- Avoid or Limit Staining Foods and Beverages: Certain foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, red wine, and dark-colored berries can color your teeth. To preserve the results of your teeth whitening treatment, it is important to avoid or limit these foods and drinks as much as possible.
- Use a Straw: If you cannot avoid staining beverages, you can use a straw to minimize contact with your teeth and reduce the risk of staining.
- Practice Good Oral Hygiene: Regular brushing and flossing are essential for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and floss at least once a day to help prevent plaque buildup and discoloration.
- Use Whitening Toothpaste: It can help to protect the results of your teeth whitening treatment by removing surface discoloration and making your teeth look brighter.
- Schedule Regular Dental Cleanings: This habit can aid remove surface stains and prevent plaque buildup. Schedule a dental cleanings every six months, or as recommended by your dentist, to maintain the results of your treatment.
- Consider Touch-up Treatments: Over time, your teeth may start to lose their shine. Refreshment treatments can play a crucial role in removing surface stains and restoring the whiteness of your teeth.
- Give up Smoking: Tobacco consumption can lead to yellowing and staining of the teeth. Quitting smoking is one of the ways to protect the results of your operation and improve your overall oral health.
Remember that the results of teeth whitening treatments vary depending on the person and the type of treatment. However, it can be said that the results can last from 1 year to 3 years on average. If you follow these tips and practice good oral hygiene, your teeth health will last longer and you’ll enjoy a brighter, more confident smile.
By the time you read our article, you’ll have an idea of how long treatment can take. Also, you may be wondering about teeth whitening costs in Turkey. Generally, the dental bleaching prices vary depending on the procedure used and the experience of the dentist.
As the best dental clinic in Istanbul, CLINIQUEPLUS continues to offer the highest quality and safest treatments with its high-end equipment, experienced doctors and trained staff. You can come to one of the most beautiful cities in Turkey and experience a vacation-like recovery without waiting in line.
Every day we welcome our patients from all over the world. Due to the great demand from the UK, we will even open an office in London in 2023. There are frequent flights from this country to Turkey, so it’s easy to plan your trip. You have many reasons to whiten your teeth in safe hands. Contact us now.