Hair Transplant Post-Operative Aftercare
Hair transplant post-operative aftercare involves a series of steps and instructions that a patient must follow to ensure proper healing and optimal results after a hair transplant. This typically includes proper washing and care of the transplanted area, avoiding certain activities, and returning for follow-up appointments with the surgeon. Specific instructions vary depending on the type of hair transplant procedure and the surgeon’s instructions.
The choice of hair restoration technique, which is a treatment procedure that offers a natural solution to hair loss or baldness problems, and post-operative care planning is performed by a specialist surgeon. As a result of the analyses, any of the techniques such as follicular unit extraction (FUE), sapphire fue, direct hair implantation (DHI), and follicular unit transplantation (FUT) are selected and treatment and post-treatment care planning is carried out.
You should consult a qualified hair transplant surgeon to discuss which technique would be most suitable for you. At this stage, the support of CLINIQUEPLUS is always with you. You can get a consultancy service regarding all your questions about the hair transplant cost Turkey, hair transplant before and after, and as a result, you can choose a reliable treatment and clinic.
The Most Popular Hair Transplant Methods Requiring Care
Different hair transplantation techniques require special and meticulous care after the procedure.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Method
FUE hair transplant, which involves extracting individual hair follicles from the donor area (usually the back of the head) and transplanting them to the recipient area, is minimally invasive, causing less scarring.
- Sapphire FUE and DHI Methods
Sapphire FUE and DHI hair transplant techniques are both advanced variations of the FUE (follicular unit extraction) method. In the sapphire FUE technique, a special sapphire-tipped stapler is used to extract hair follicles from the donor area.
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)
Direct hair implantation is a method where hair follicles are extracted from the donor area and immediately implanted into the recipient area without the need for creating incisions or recipient sites.
Hair Transplant After-Care Process: Things to be Considered
Post hair transplant care is extremely important to achieve the best possible result and prevent complications.
- Keep The Scalp Clean: You will be given post-operative instructions by your surgeon on how to clean your scalp during the hair transplant aftercare process. These instructions usually include gently apply washing the area with a mild shampoo.
- Avoid Physical Activity: You should avoid any strenuous physical activity for the first few days after the transplant surgery, as this can increase blood flow to the scalp and cause bleeding.
- Protect The Transplanted Area: You will need to protect the transplanted area from sun and wind exposure, as well as from any physical trauma. You should also avoid touching and wearing tight hats or helmets.
- Medications: You will be given pain medication to help manage any discomfort, as well as antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Follow-up Appointments: Your surgeon will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and ensure that the transplanted hairs are growing properly.
- Hair Care: You should avoid any hair care procedures, such as coloring, perming, or straightening, for at least 2 weeks.
- Be Patient: The hair growth cycle takes time and it may take several months for the transplanted hairs to begin growing.
Final Results After Hair Restoration Care: ‘Month by month’
Hair transplant 2 weeks post-op, the transplanted hair will fall out. This is a normal part of the recovery time and should not cause concern. It usually takes a few months for the results to become visible. 1-month post hair transplant, the scalp begins to heal and some itching and redness may occur.
2 months post hair transplant, the transplanted hair starts to regrow very thin and short. Within 3 months post hair transplant, the transplanted hair will still grow thin and short, but will soon begin to thicken. This is the stage when the first results of the transplantation begin to be seen. It takes approximately 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to fully grow and for the final results to be visible.
The Best Choice for Hair Transplant: ‘CLINIQUEPLUS’
CLINIQUEPLUS, where you will experience the best hair transplant in Turkey, can offer you reliable and highly successful treatment options. It stands out as a clinic worth considering thanks to its services such as arranging flight tickets, airport pick-up and transfer to the hotel, accommodation in a 5-star hotel, a meticulous and professionally organized treatment plan, and post-operative care. The qualified medical team, the clinic’s image, the positive feedback from patients, the state-of-the-art techniques and equipment that accompany its services, the free consultation option, the personalized treatment plan, and many other features make this clinic very advantageous.
It’s not too late to experience the best hair transplant treatment and discover Turkey, one of the world’s top tourist destinations. Without ignoring your aesthetic concerns any longer, get a free consultation to achieve the look you want. Give yourself a gift thanks to the successful results you will get as a result of the hair transplant procedure.