What Are The Causes of Hair Loss in Women and How to Fix It?
Hair loss in women is a problem at least as serious as it is in men, contrary to popular belief. Certain bald spots of women's hair may enlarge over time due to thinning hair, and more than 150 strands of hair may fall daily.
It is considered normal to experience the shedding of up to 100 hairs on average. If this number is exceeded, it can be said that the person is experiencing hair loss and should definitely consult a specialist.
As the best hair transplant clinic in Turkey, CLINIQUEPLUS welcomes people from all over the world with the warmth of its boutique environment and the confidence of its expert staff and is proud to happily send them to their countries.
So, you have hair follicles and they grow on different parts of your body. The shorter ones are called vellus hair, and the thicker and longer ones are called terminal. As a woman, you may one day be faced with sudden hair loss, namely "Alopecia areata". Firstly, you should know that there are different types of this problem.
What Are The Types of Hair Loss?
You are experiencing hair loss and want to be treated as soon as possible. You have probably started to research hair transplant centers or clinics. However, first of all, it is useful to be informed about the types of hair loss and to choose the treatment considering it. The most common varieties are listed below.
- Androgenetic Alopecia: This is the most common type of hair loss, which is also known as male or female pattern baldness. It's caused by genetic factors and results in the gradual thinning of hair from the top and front of your scalp.
- Alopecia Areata: It's an autoimmune disorder that causes hair loss in patches on the scalp and other parts of your body. It can occur at any age and affects both men and women.
- Telogen Effluvium: A temporary hair loss that occurs when there is a disturbance in your normal hair growth cycle. It can be caused by hormonal changes, stress, nutritional deficiencies, or medications.
- Traction Alopecia: This type of hair loss is caused by repeated pulling or tension on your hair, often from tight hairstyles like braids or ponytails.
- Anagen Effluvium: It’s usually caused by chemotherapy or radiation treatment for cancer. It results in the loss of hair during your growth phase.
Which Women Experience Hair Shedding?
Shedding, which is seen in approximately 50% of the female population worldwide, is also a problem that women of all age groups may encounter. Still, the most common causes of hair loss are:
- Has a child recently,
- Over 40 years old,
- Having chemotherapy,
- The hair care products it uses contain harsh chemicals (side effect),
- Using their hair in ponytails and tight braids,
- Those who are in the menopause period.
What are the Treatments for Hair Loss in Women?
The treatment for hair loss in women depends on the underlying cause of the condition. Medications such as minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia) are often used to treat androgenetic alopecia. These drugs can slow down or stop your hair loss and may even help regrow your hair.
Hormone therapy can be used to treat hair loss which is caused by hormonal imbalances. This treatment involves taking medications to balance the levels of hormones in your body.
Nutritional deficiencies, such as iron or biotin deficiency, can contribute to hair loss. Taking supplements or modifying your diet to include more of these nutrients may help improve your hair growth.
Especially in cases of severe hair loss, hair transplant surgery may be an option. This involves taking hair from one part of your scalp and transplanting it to the balding areas. Thousands of people prefer advanced transplantation techniques, which have become very common today, against the problem of hair loss. In a short time like a year, your hair can be just as you imagined. In addition, these methods are quite safe and painless. You can read our related articles to learn more about innovative hair transplant techniques such as Sapphire FUE and DHI.
Why Should I Choose CLINIQUEPLUS?
Once you have enough information, you can now take action. CLINIQUEPLUS offers you the best solutions for female pattern hair loss as well as in men. In Turkey's most beautiful city, Istanbul, you will be greeted by a very experienced team in a high-end treatment center without waiting in line.
We use the best medical equipment in all our hair loss treatments and this is reflected in the results. You can look at the feedback left by hundreds of our patients, examine the photos and videos before and after the treatment, and you can see this trust.
Recently, we have started to host many guests from the UK in our clinic, especially with the work we have carried out in England. You can easily travel to Istanbul in as little as 4 hours. Hair transplant treatments, PRP injection, Mesotherapy, and other ones.
You are our priority and our focus is your happiness. Get a free consultation and we'll evaluate your medical condition. Then let's plan your treatment. Contact us now, don’t delay your dreams.