Breast reduction surgery is an operation performed to change breast size, reduce breast volume and find a solution to back pain. Breast reduction is one of the plastic surgery procedures that varies according to the genes of each woman. Aesthetic breast reduction surgery is preferred to prevent health problems although it is often thought to be performed to improve the external appearance. You might have big breasts as a result of genetic factors, hormonal changes or some diseases.
Those with large breasts experience chronic back discomfort due to disproportionate breast size. Big breasts cause psychological problems as well as physical problems. In addition to physical problems such as chronic back pain, neck pain, poor posture, skin irritation, excessive sweating, there are also psychological problems such as self-confidence, being unhappy with the appearance of the breasts.
Breast reduction surgery is preferred by women who are unhappy with their disproportionate and large breasts to lift their breasts and reduce their size. Breast reduction is one of the most preferred aesthetic operations worldwide.
What You Need to Know About Breast Reduction
- In addition to blood and chest X-ray, mammography and breast ultrasonography should be performed before surgery.
- If there are conditions such as high blood pressure, smoking, drug habituation, diabetes, it should be mentioned.
- In aesthetic breast reduction surgery, the breast tissue is reshaped depending on the body size of the person.
- The operation is performed under general anesthesia in hospital conditions.
How Is Breast Reduction Performed?
Breast reduction surgery, which takes place in 3 steps, starts with the incision which is made on the breasts. Excess fat and skin are removed, thus breasts are resized.
Your surgeon chooses the most suitable incision method from 3 different methods and opens incisions by considering your breast size.
Nipple repositioning and tissue removal
After the incisions are made in the breast reduction procedure, the nipples are repositioned. Then, excess fat, breast tissue and skin are removed from the breasts.
Closing the incisions
The incisions which are opened for excess fat and skin to be removed from the breast will be closed. The surgeon stitches deep into the breast tissue to support the reshaped breasts. Adhesives or surgical tapes are used for this procedure. The incisions created in the chest are permanent, their density decreases over time.
Who is the Right Candidate for Breast Reduction?
- Are suffering from articular and back discomfort caused by large breasts,
- Cannot wear the clothes they want due to their breast size,
- Face the problem of breast sagging,
- Want to get rid of back, neck and shoulder pain, can benefit from breast reduction surgery by getting support from the expert plastic surgeons of Clinique Plus.
Breast Reduction Surgery in Turkey with Clinique Plus
Every patient who prefers breast reduction surgery in Turkey, gets the desired shape and size of breasts by getting support from plastic surgeons who are experts in their fields. Our qualified healthcare team provides full service throughout your surgical process, ensuring you achieve the results you want.
Contrary to Europe, Turkey allows you to have surgery at more affordable prices. Also, it is one of the countries that provide professional support in the field of health tourism.
An Overview of Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast reduction operation aims to reduce the breasts and reshape them. It is performed under general anesthesia.
- The operation takes place in 3-4 hours and temporary loss of sensation after the procedure can be shown as one of the side effects.
- In this process, you may encounter risks such as infection and bleeding. Recovery takes exactly 12 months.
- You can return to your daily routine within 1-2 weeks after breast reduction operation. Depending on the type of incisions, small scars may remain.