Breast enlargement, which is one of the most preferred areas of plastic surgery, is a surgical procedure commonly preferred by women who are dissatisfied with their breast size. Breast enlargement changes the size and the shape of the breast. Breasts might be small because of genetically different reasons. One breast may be smaller than the other, or asymmetrical.
Congenital breast non-existence might be the issue. In order to prevent all these problems, breast enlargement aesthetics is preferred. There are some points to be considered in breast aesthetics performed to make both breasts equal or to make them bigger.
What You Need to Know About Breast Enlargement
- After deciding on breast surgery, you should clearly discuss with your doctor what bothers you and what you expect.
- You should research in detail what kind of surgery you will have, the method you prefer, and the one that suits you.
- In addition to blood and chest X-ray, mammography and breast ultrasonography should be performed before surgery.
- If there are conditions such as high blood pressure, smoking, drug habituation, diabetes, it should be mentioned.
- The operation is performed under general anesthesia in hospital.
How is Breast Enlargement Surgery Performed?
Breast enlargement operations are progressing in the course of surgical operations. This procedure is performed to enlarge the patient’s breast size and different techniques are used in it. General anesthesia is given to the patient before the operation. Generally, incisions are made under the arm, under the breast and on the nipple. Then, a silicone prosthesis is placed. The incisions are closed by shaping the breast with fat tissues, the chest is bandaged with skin adhesive and surgical tape.
What Happens After Breast Enlargement Aesthetics?
- Conditions such as pain, swelling and bruising may be observed after breast enlargement surgery. These disappear over time.
- After the operation, you should benefit from special bandage bras.
- If you have pain, you can take painkillers with the approval of your doctor.
- You should avoid physical activities that will tire your body for two weeks after the operation, especially your chest area.
- If you observe a condition such as shortness of breath, chest pain, fever or redness, you should contact your surgeon immediately.
- It is required to rest for few weeks, you should not force the stitches and should avoid exercises that will force the area by separating the arms.
Which implants are preferred in breast enlargement surgery?
In breast enlargement operation, the adipose tissue and stem cells in the body can be used, as well as implants that are containing silicone or salt water. If the body’s own tissue is preferred, the fat layers on both sides of the abdomen are removed and the fat is placed in the breast tissue. In order for the adipose tissues to be permanent in the area, they must be fed by the vessels. In order to create new vascularity, the fats must be transplanted together with the stem cells.
Implants may contain saline or silicone gel in a silicone sheath. After the implants, which containing saline, are placed, they are filled with sterile saline.
Things to Consider After Breast Enlargement Aesthetics
- You should stop smoking and alcohol consumption before the surgery and you should not consume at least two weeks after the surgery.
- Do the exercises that are given by your surgeon to prevent blood clots.
- You should pay attention to intensive water consumption.
- You should wear a compression bra after the operation. This bra will help you achieve the breasts you dream of.
- Do not remove any bandages or clothing until your surgeon recommends.
- Take all medications as your surgeon’s recommendation.
- It will take 4 to 6 months for you to reach definitive results.
An Overview of Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast enlargement surgery is performed to add volume to the breasts. It takes between 2 and 3 hours and general anesthesia is applied in the procedure.
- If you are going to choose Istanbul for breast enlargement surgery, you must stay in Turkey for at least 6 days.
- You should rest for at least 7 days in this process, where the full recovery process takes about 3 weeks.
- You may experience side effects such as swelling, bruising and pain as a result of the aesthetic operation that will provide you significant results.
- After the surgery, you should prefer comfortable clothes and avoid physical activities.