What is Liposuction?
Liposuction, also known as fat removal surgery, is a body contouring and fat reduction procedure in general. Liposuction aims to treat stubborn fat that cannot be reduced despite exercise and diet. This treatment is used to remove fat from specific areas of the body such as the abdomen, waist, thighs, hips, arms, hips and neck.
Liposuction, which is applied regardless of the purpose of losing weight, provides regional shaping by removing the excess in the body. To get rid of this disturbing effect, you can opt for liposuction and get an effective and definitive result.
Turkey is one of the most popular destinations for patients looking for real liposuction results with fat reduction surgery. If you want to have fat removal surgery in Turkey, it is best to contact right away!
How is Liposuction Performed?
After determining the areas, a liquid that dissolves the fat is inserted into the area through cannulas. Cannulas are tubes that are hollow and thin. The dissolved fat is removed from the body using a vacuum. The operation is performed by applying a vacuum and lasts between 1-3 hours depending on the condition of the areas.
The entrance (Cannula entry) holes of the cannula are usually not sutured or 1 suture can be placed. In patients with intense fat absorption, special thin tubes are used. These tubes reduce the formation of edema by allowing the fluid accumulated inside to drain. Liposuction is performed under local or general anesthesia, depending on the patient's medical history.
The technique of liposuction is used in aesthetic and cosmetic surgery procedures such as the six pack (intervention in the abdominal muscles) and fat reduction -fat losst operations such as sleeve gastrectomy. It is important that each procedure is performed carefully. For example, in aesthetic operations such as tummy tuck, belly button positioning should be carefully planned and the incisions made correctly.
After liposuction, the patient wears compression garments. This protective medical clothing provides faster tightening and healing of the tissues due to the pressure applied. The patient should follow the surgeon's recommendations and instructions to achieve good long-term results.
The patient should take the medications the doctor prescribes and the vitamins and minerals. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to avoid the possible risk of infection. In this case, it is important to finish the entire course of antibiotics.
- Depending on the type of procedure, you may be discharged from the hospital the same day or after 24 hours of monitoring.
- The postoperative process is generally easier.
- Pain can be easily relieved with medication.
- At the end of surgery, a special corset is worn to put pressure on the area where the fat was removed.
- You will need to wear the corset for another 5-6 weeks.
- There may be purplish color changes in the suctioned areas. There may be swelling, tingling and burning. These will disappear over time, approximately within 3 weeks.
- Surgical scars disappear within 2-3 months.
What are Liposuction Techniques?
There are different techniques for patients undergoing liposuction surgery in Turkey. Which technique is best for you will be decided depending on your expectations and the surgeon's consultation.
- Classic Liposuction : Classic liposuction is the most appropriate technique for fat removal. The fat is removed with an aspiration cannula and this procedure leaves no scars on the patient's body.
- Vaser Hi-Def Liposuction : The fat removal technique known as Vaser Liposuction or Ultrasound Liposuction is aimed to get rid of unwanted fat by reshaping the body. This process is applied with ultrasound technology and the fat deposits are easily disintegrated.
- Laser Liposuction : Laser liposuction aims to break down the fat cells with the help of a laser. The biggest advantage of this procedure is the reduction of fat cells and the tightening of the skin. This procedure, which is very effective in thinning, is generally preferred in areas such as the face, neck and cheek.
Who is the Best Candidate for Liposuction?
Although we diet and exercise to get rid of our body fat, sometimes we cannot get the desired result. Even if you exercise and diet, stubborn body fat may remain in some areas of your body. Liposuction offers a quick and effective result against permanent body fat.
Any of the following candidates can undergo liposuction.
- Want to have a slimmer and fitter appearance,
- Who feel bothered by regional and permanent fat,
- Wish to have an aesthetic appearance.
Liposuction is one of the most popular aesthetic surgeries in Turkey and the cost of it is more affordable in Turkey compared to many other countries.
An Overview of Liposuction Surgery
- This surgery is performed to shape your body and it takes 1 to 5 hours.
- After the liposuction surgery, you will need to stay in the hospital for 1 day and in the hotel for 5 days.
- There may be side effects such as pain, bruising and swelling, and there may be possible complications such as bleeding, infection, scarring and allergies.
- You can resume sports 1 month after liposuction surgery. You can achieve the full result after 6 months.
- If you want and the doctor agrees, you can also have BBL, breast augmentation and reduction, tummy tuck surgery together with liposuction.
Does liposuction offer a permanent solution?
Is liposuction a weight loss surgery?
Is liposuction a right method to get rid of cellulite?
How long do I have to wear a corset after liposuction?
Will there be any scars after liposuction?
What is the cost of liposuction in Turkey?